Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm Counting to 10...

So this picture is totally fresh, totally new...as in, while I was publishing my last post just moments ago, this was happening (via Spencer) in my front room. I'm glad I own a Bissell!! I have been talking about documenting Spence's "creativity" for some time now, so here is Post #1! We have high hopes for that boy, there's got to be some way to channel all that creative energy...our house has been his canvas, we just like to say it has "character" and "charm". My kitchen cupboards, dishwasher, fridge, oven, Ellie's Bumbo chair, the computer keyboard, and my banister are all daily reminders of his skills with a Sharpie. My vacuum bags the last 6 or 8 months have been more full of baby formula than dust. And let's just say that that really fabulous deal on Victoria's Secret body sprays and lotions didn't go so far at my house...3 weeks later, only 1 half-full bottle remains in my bathroom...but our carpet will smell good for ages! I won't try to make up for lost time and list all the surprises we've had over the last year, but I will try to document them from now on, it's really quite ingenious sometimes. And who knows? Maybe some Hollywood producer will stumble across our blog and pay us big moola for Spencer's destruction ideas?! Here's hoping...

6 comments:

Lissa said...

That is so hilarious! I'm glad you own a Bissel too. We love those three things and have them in our fridge. Staples. But I will remember to keep them out of reach of little hands. I don't know whether to wish for a kid just like that or not...

Kathy said...

I so sorry! Sometimes when those things happen I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I'm sure you are much better than me and choose to laugh every time, but kids have such a way of getting into things in two seconds flat. It makes things like taking a shower and other such things seem impossible at times. The other day I came home and my youngest Larke was up on a stool pulling a knife out of a knife block. It had to have been providence that I walked in just that very second. Whew! That could have been bad. Good Luck, and I feel your pain.

amy said...

oh, kathy! this is kid #5 and i believe it's the first time i've taken a picture of a mess...i'm not that good at laughing it off, but trying to do better. these days, if i don't get a shower in the morning before dave leaves and i have to do it later...spencer gets strapped in his car seat in front of the tv! :) the only way to REALLY keep him out of trouble!

coco said...

You should seriously send in a letter to Bissel! Oh Amy! I can't believe your sense of humor and patience. You are super Mom. just love to hear you tell your stories of life at the Browns:) You made my day. Hug and Kiss them all! Love ya, coco

Kathy said...

That is an awesome idea with the car seat. I might totally have to steal it from you. By the way I had no idea how much your sisters look like you. All beautiful.

Lorene said...

wow! What patience!I love how you say, "my house is a canvas" and I will probaly have to quote you. :)
Spencer is a lucky boy but he may never know it....seems like only moms understand the joys and challenges of motherhood...Someday if he gets a "creative kid" like him, his wife will know how lucky Spencer is.