Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Story of My Life

Hi! My name is Amy and I am the creator/owner of this blog...just in case any of you forgot who I was! ha ha I really have been meaning to get back at this blogging thing for about 2 weeks now, but I never have my camera when I think about it. This morning I am in a blogging mood and have decided that it's okay to post without pictures! So my next post will be "pictures only" to make up for it, but I decided it was high time I just put something up here!

This is a BUSY time of year! Next week is the last week of school...not sure how I feel about that right now! I love my children dearly, but a WHOLE SUMMER?! I just need to think of more things to do with them to keep the fighting and death-threats to a minimum. For now we are all wrapped up in the end-0f-year stuff like talent shows and field trips and graduation programs. Lots of fun but crazy too! Aubrey and Gracie both wanted to do summer school, that will take up a month! Joe opted to just have a lazy summer...which he thinks means lots of video games and exploring in the woods. I think it means lots of help with chores and younger siblings. :) I'll let ya know how that power struggle goes...probably some compromising will be in order!

I haven't posted about this but I have taken on a couple of daycare kids. Two girls, 4 and 3, they are sisters. Cute girls, we love them to pieces and they have fit right in with our family. Their mom's work schedule is crazy, they spend about 60 hours a week with us! It just sort of happened, but it has been a blessing to us and will be even more helpful when Dave starts school full-time!

We had our house for sale for about a month, but I made Dave take it off the market...it was too hard to keep picture-perfect all the time!! I have so much respect for anyone that has their house for sale, it is not an easy thing! And in my defense...the first week we were up was Spring Break so I had 9 kids all day long. I felt like I was going crazy, it was just too much for me at the time. It was hard to admit that, but once we took the sign out of the yard I was nice again. :) I like a clean house, don't get me wrong...but clean enough to live in and clean enough to show are two VERY different things!

We had all my family in town for Mother's Day weekend--except Ben and Ashley. We missed you guys!! Marlise finally brought her sweet baby Gordon home for us to see, he is so yummy! Lissa and Marianne are staying all this week to play and it's been a blast...and we are waiting on pins and needles for Karman to have her baby!

So there's lots going on...I haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg, but hey...I did put up a new post!! Hopefully that has pacified my loyal follower(s)...if I even have any left after all this time! :) Watch for pictures of my cute and growing kids soon!!

5 comments:

Sarah Moore said...

Absolutely still your blog follower!! Thanks for posting--and can't wait to hear and see more.

Kathy said...

I was wondering where you were. I have a little boy I watch but it is only 2 times a month. I can't imagine 60 hours a week. That is alot of work.

BEN said...

We are so bummed we missed the fun! Hope to see you all at the reunion though.

Lorene said...

Hey nice to see you!! I know what you mean about summer....long summer. Looking forward to more with "CHEESE"!

Tammy said...

about time lol WOW WHAT A SCHDEULE but what a blessing, to have kids to tend , dont you remember when you were growing up your house was the house of refuge for so many kids that needed love from you mom, always room for one more, she was so good with them, wither niece, nephew, neighbor, or just someone needed tending.
sure love ya