Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Cavity-Free Home


I have always taken a slight amount of pride in how much toothpaste we go through at our house. I mean, really, my kids brush so often and so well that their breath is always fresh and their cute, tiny teeth sparkle from a mile away. At least, that's what I have led myself to believe as about every 3rd morning I am summoned to the hall bathroom because "somebody used all the toothpaste!". Naturally, I could hardly assume anything contrary to a dentist's dream being lived out in my very own bathroom.


The last several days, however, I have been forced to accept that the slime on their biters might be for real. As I was coming to grips with this gross truth, I found an unlikely ally: my home. It told on those kids!! Want a list of all the places I have found toothpaste goo? Here ya go...


1. Carpet on the stairs

2. Underneath kitchen chairs

3. Walls (in nearly every room)

4. Door of the pantry (?)

5. Backpacks

6. Doorknobs

7. Computer keyboard

8. Ellie's pillow (another ?)


So I'm psyching myself up for the dentist visit in 2 weeks that will confirm my worst fears: my children have cavity-ridden mouths.


My one consolation? No decay found in the carpet, chairs, walls, doors, backpacks, keyboard, or pillows! Whew...that was close!

4 comments:

Tomena said...

Okay so I want to Blog with YOU.. want to share my blog with me? Marlin thinks he can make a website on his own.... or we could just pay leelou. We could take everyother day... for reals what do you think?

Lissa said...

Well that's good news right? You don't want holes in your walls! Oh and this had me laughing out loud, just like your posts always do.

Kathy said...

You make me laugh. I'm so glad that your carpet, etc. has no cavities.

Marcila Dare said...

I also have the similar problem. My kids try to brush everything! I taught them to be particular with dental hygiene, but now they are taking it too far. And the worst part? Our toothpaste is bright red gel. Do you guys have any suggestion on how to control them?